The Claims Process for Employees:
Step 1: Employee
- Personally pays for their medical, dental and wellness expenses
- Completes a MediDirect® Claim Form
- Attaches the original receipts
- Forwards claim directly to MediDirect®
Step 2: MediDirect® and Employer
- Upon receipt of the claim, MediDirect® invoices the Employer
- The Employer has a Prefunded Account which is debited as claims arise
- The total claim amount includes the claim expenses to be reimbursed, plus a 10% administration fee plus applicable taxes
Step 3: MediDirect®
- Adjudicates and issues the reimbursement to the Employee upon receipt of the claim and payment by their Employer. This is a tax-free benefit for the full amount of their expense claim.
- Sends the Employer a premium receipt which is used as a tax deduction for the business.